Friday, August 29, 2014

Expect a New Zelda Edition Nintendo 3DS XL Next Year

No Majora's Mask 3D was announced today, but we know that Grezzo is working something. I'm still expecting Majora's Mask 3D in Spring 2015, it would be the perfect date. And we also know that a new Zelda 3DS game is in development (probably based on the A Link Between Worlds engine).

Whatever comes next for Zelda on the 3DS, you can be sure that it will come with a Limited Edition bundle for the New Nintendo 3DS XL. With a new model it's entirely possible and by now I think Nintendo is capable of asking the Zelda fans to buy a new Nintendo 3DS with each new Zelda title.

And knowing myself I would probably even buy it. The New Nintendo 3DS XL has everything that I expected the Old Nintendo 3DS XL to have two years ago. I wanted the second stick and the second shoulder buttons, the better 3D... I mean, they had to release a Circle Pad Pro XL, which was just ridiculous. All of this should have happened two years ago and now I feel like my beautiful golden 3DS XL is just some inferior product, which everyone probably should have skipped.

Also, note how the small New Nintendo 3DS has swappable covers, but the New 3DS XL doesn't. There's even a Limited Edition for the new Smash Bros. using the New 3DS XL (and interestingly enough the Old 3DS XL in Europe). So, Limited Editions are still a thing...!

No comments: