Monday, May 1, 2017

Breath of the Wild Adventure Log, Entry 31


Horsing Around, Part 2

I've done a little more horse stuff today. First of all, I just now realized what the entries 002 and 003 in the Creatures section of the Hyrule Compendium are... I had this open space between "Horse" and "Lord of the Mountain", but I never put any thoughts into it other than that I was obviously missing something here. Now I want to complete the Hyrule Compendium and I realized quickly that those had to be the two special horses, which I named Ganon and Zelda. So, I took them out and brought them back to their original habitats for a nice photo shoot:


The entries are called "Giant Horse" and "White Horse". And this should essentially confirm that these are all the special horses that you can get, other than Epona.

I also found a better Midna at the Taobab Grassland, where the Ganon horse photo shoot took place:


I don't like the all white mouth, but it appears that certain places really give better horses with five star stats. Problem with Taobab Grasslands is that it's a looooooooong way back to the next stable and that's after you took care of the two Lynels and the horde of riding Bokoblins.

A better spot seems to be the Upland Lindor, where you can get safely and quickly to either the Serenne Stable or the Tabantha Bridge Stable. I did find a better Hilda there:


Again it's the exact same stats as the blue horse, where I would like to find a horse with better speed somewhere. I might have to opt for a different color to get that five stars on speed. It can't be coincidence that the blue and black horses all give similar stats all the time.

Also, ideally there would be a horse with full 15 stars, if that's even possible. I guess, I have to experiment more and see, how things go. Again, it would be helpful, if I could actually check the horse stats before registering it.


Loser Lynels


The Blood Moon rises! Yay! This means, it's time to smash some Lynels again! I had significant luck with getting Star Fragments from Lynels these days. Almost a 50% chance. It still will take quite some time to collect enough for upgrading all the amiibo armor, though. So far I've only upgraded the Cap of the Hero, which cost one Star Fragment on each step. For the rest I will still need a total of 44 Star Fragments. Eight more with the upcoming amiibo in June. Yikes. This is even worse than any kind of grinding that Hyrule Warriors asked of you.

At least fighting Lynels is a lot of fun and I'm getting better and better at it to a point, where I might not even get hit once even without using Urbosa's Fury or Daruk's Protection. With these two abilities they are a joke anyway, but I use them mostly on the clubbed Lynels.


A Talus and a Hinox

So, I've found one more Talus and one more Hinox:

East Daval Peak Stalnox
Darb Pond Igneo Talus

I suppose that all the remaining Hinox are in fact Stalnox, because the other Hinox types are hard to miss and I should have been everywhere by now. I might not have paid attention to one or the other Stalnox on my travels, though. The game doesn't register them as enemies, as long as they are "sleeping", so the Sheikah Sensor+ won't target them and they don't get highlighted by the Stasis+ field. They are a mere decoration and that makes them hard to notice sometimes.

And targeting these enemies with the sensor is problematic in general, because there are four or five different types for them. Other than than the Stalnox there are Red, Blue and Black Hinox. And there are Stone Talus, Luminous Stone Talus, Rare Stone Talus, Igneo Talus and Frost Talus... You can't just keep going through all these all the time, that would be annoying.

At least with the Igneo Talus and the Frost Talus they are regional. Igneo Talus only seem to appear Death Mountain, which is where I could locate a fifth one using the Sheikah Sensor+.



So, it's a 2:2:2. Two Side Quests left, two Hinox left and two Talus left. I still have no clue about the missing side quests, but I will figure it out eventually. I was trying to find a pattern in the stables, where some have two side quests and others don't. But no luck with that either... If you have any ideas, please don't tell me, I want to find it out on my own!

And yes, you will be able to tell me after this post, because I want to return to normality with this blog soon.


Current Progress:
  • Main Quests: 15/15
  • Side Quests: 74/76
  • Shrine Quests: 42/42
  • Shrines: 120/120
  • Koroks: 652/900
  • Talus: 38/40
  • Hinox: 38/40
  • Molduga: 4/4
  • Map Rate: 79.40%

No comments: