Saturday, November 11, 2017

Got the Champion amiibo


I received this package today. I got the four-pack, which was a lot more convenient than tracking down four individual amiibo. Overall this was a very amiib-heavy year for me, where I probably put more money into them than into actual video games. I got twenty in total, which includes the four 30th Anniversary amiibo from the The Legend of Zelda series that got released at the end of last year, three additional Link amiibo from June, nine Breath of the Wild amiibo (including the Champions), two Metroid amiibo and the two Bayonettas from the Super Smash Bros. series.

I actually only got 10 amiibo before this year, so I expanded my collection by 200%... And that should hopefully be enough for a while. Earlier this year I bought a large plastic box to store all my Zelda amiibo and save them from dust, but that thing is now crowded...

Anyway, here are some photos of my newest additions:



Best of the bunch is certainly Daruk. He has this nice weight to him and he feels very robust. Many amiibo appear rather fragile, which includes Mipha for example, but Daruk is rock hard. But like the other Champions he has a pole coming out of his butt, where Urbosa is easily the funniest exemplary. Well, she certainly has more balls than most men, but with her it's kind of extreme. With the Smash Zelda they even removed the "dildo" pole under her dress with later versions, but in this case Urbosa has her legs spread and the pole goes right through her crotch, which is kind of weird, but certainly doesn't let you peak... And she looks, like she's enjoying it, oh well. So, I'm not entirely sure what Nintendo was thinking here other than "stability".

Anyway, the poles aside the detail work is quite nice. Before this point I didn't even notice that each Champion has their Divine Beast symbol on their blue scarfs and skirts. They also put quite some details into the weapons, where it's a shame that apparently you can't get the Champion weapons from the amiibo.

I will try the amiibo and all their loot in the game later this evening.

No comments: