Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Rumor: SoulCalibur VI on Switch Starring Link?


Following these rumors on Reddit, SoulCalibur VI will be announced soon and for the first time since SoulCalibur II will also be present on a Nintendo system, where Link will finally be a guest character again.

This is what the source had to say:

The game should be revealed by the end of the year and make its 21st anniversary at least. One trustworthy source told me it would be revealed at PSX. If the Switch version is not announced in a matter of fact way alongside it like multiplatform games do when revealed at a specific console's event, then it should be announced during the Nintendo Direct in January that I keep hearing about. The source who told me about the Switch version is different from the one who told me of the game's existence, I might add. They also told me that Link would return as a guest character on that version.

I'm not really interested in discussing, whether these rumors are trustworthy or not, since most of them are so superficial that they might as well be true. We will see soon enough. In general the 3rd party support for Nintendo Switch seems to be really good at the moment and whenever SoulCalibur VI is coming, a Nintendo Switch version seems very likely. And I like the thought a lot!

SoulCalibur II was one of my favorite games on the Nintendo GameCube and Link being a guest character played a big role in that. But overall I like the franchise, where I enjoyed its Beat'em Up qualities. SoulCalibur II also had this amazing Weapon Master Mode, but from what I've understood, this wasn't present in later titles. I haven't had the chance to play any of the successors, but if there's another Nintendo version in the future, I won't hesitate to purchase it.

For Link it would be nice, if his primary design is based on Breath of the Wild, but with an alternate Tunic of the Wild costume present. His arsenal should also take all the games into consideration, which came after SoulCalibur II, where they have lots of different options. But primarily I would like to see some of the technological weapons from Breath of the Wild.

No comments: