Sunday, September 27, 2026

Fire Emblem: Fortune's Haul

photo of front cover of the Dagdan Collectionphoto of the backside of the box, showing the contents: Game Card, Steelbook, Art Cards, Artbook, A1-Sized Poster

Got the "Dagdan Collection" of Fire Emblem: Fortune's Weave this Friday, eight days after the game's launch. And this wasn't some lucky, late find, or me buying from some scalper (which I would avoid). Instead, I had actually preordered this from the official Nintendo Store, where they notified me on the release day that they were facing technical difficulties, resulting in a delay of the order. They also gave me a 10€ discount for my next order, which was nice enough, but I doubt that I would have been content with that if this was Ocarina of Time or Metroid Ravenous.

Luckily, I was in no hurry to play this game (I haven't even started Three Houses yet), so I'm mainly getting this for my collection. And for this purpose this is a decent enough addition. It's similar to the Divine Edition that was released for Fire Emblem Engage three years ago in both size and offerings. The box is somewhat longer, but it also feels a tad cheaper / less sturdy, even though they have raised the prices quite a bit from last time.

And if I remember correctly, 2023 was truly the last time we got special editions like this, with Fire Emblem Engage and The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. It almost felt like Nintendo was done with these type of collector's items, but supposedly they just didn't release any games with the right "prestige" in the meantime. Though, it makes you wonder why they are skipping Ocarina of Time in this list, but with all the limited Zelda hardware coming next month, they probably didn't want to overdo it. You have to be fortunate in more than one way to pre-order these things...

photo of the game card box, the steelbook and the art card box right next to each other, all in the same size format

But I have always liked collecting the different steelbooks and artbooks during the Nintendo Switch era. They are the main selling point for me, as well as getting the games with a clean cover for the normal cartridge case, without the huge age rating that you normally get in Germany. And this is all in here, as well as a collection of character cards (similar to the one that came with Engage) and a poster:

photo of all eight art cards: Eshmel (male and female), Cai, Dietrich, Leda, Theodora, Sothis, Fortuna, Talimun, Bertrand, Orchel and Anatoliaphoto of the unfolded paper map

So, you get the obligatory Smash Bros. avatar character in both genders, the leaders of the different houses (if I'm not mistaken), as well as Sothis and the Goddess Fortuna. The map looks a bit dull, where I probably wouldn't want to put this on my wall. And it has the same issue as all the collectible maps (e.g. the ones for Zelda that came with the Prima guides): they have folds, and it's not so easy to smoothen this out. But it can't be helped with that size, unless they are selling these as actual posters that are rolled.

The artbook has a total of 152 pages and features mainly character designs for all the different factions. But there are some impressive illustrations of environments as well, which are probably the highlight.

photo of the steelbook's backside next to a set of four magnets, all showing different emblems

In addition, I've got these little magnets for 500 Platinum Points from the Nintendo Store. There is one for each of the four main houses, where you can put them on your fridge after completing each route in the game (and only then). The above photo also shows the backside of the steelbook, which you can use as a size reference. So, these magnets are quite small.

No comments:

Post a Comment