Saturday, February 4, 2023

Got Fire Emblem Engage Divine Edition

photo of the Divine Edition box

Well, I got this about two weeks ago, but I wasn't able to make photos until today, because it is the first day with some sunlight since then. I also haven't played the game yet, where I may give it a try today...

But I got lucky and was able to pre-order the Divine Edition of Fire Emblem Engange from the My Nintendo Store when it briefly came available for a second time in early January. And this time everything went well, so the items were properly packed and nothing got damaged.

photo of the game, steelbook, and card box with a card of Celica displayed

The Divine Edition comes with the usual steelbook and artbook, where those are always nice to have and are the main incentive to collect such Nintendo special editions for me personally. That and the cleaner cover for the card case.

In addition there is a collection of a dozen high quality cards of the different Emblems, like Marth, Celica, Corrin, and Byleth. In this way it feels similar to Special Edition for Metroid Dread.

The artbook is much bigger, though, where it has A4 size. And there is an A1 poster of the game's cover art. The My Nintendo Store also put a second poster on top, in A2 size and with the motive from the artbook's cover, and a pin (the latter is not pictured).

Now, before I revisit Breath of the Wild on the Nintendo Switch, I want this to be my "Fire Emblem February". I have been playing Fire Emblem Fates for a bit lately and I also want to get (back) into the other two Nintendo 3DS titles, mainly to see if there's any worthwhile DLC before the eShop closes at the end of March.

There are a lot of Fire Emblem games on my backlog (including Three Houses and Three Hopes), where I'm having a hard time to catch up with it all, but in the least I'm currently trying.

4 comments:

Tim said...

I actually just skipped this one. I really like Fire Emblem from a gameplay standpoint, but I'm also a story guy and after playing through all three Fates games, there's only so much stupid I can take. The reveal trailer for this one was so dumb and gimmicky that it completely killed any interest immediately.

If you're looking for DLC, I can highly recommend Mila's Bounty (free) and Rise of the Deliverance, both for Shadows of Valentia. The former includes some items you can't get otherwise, including three "pitchforks" that let you reclass characters. The latter is sort of a prequel campaign to the main story and it's really good.

Shadows of Valentia in general is really good and you should play it.

TourianTourist said...

Thanks for the input and your DLC suggestions! I do own a copy of Shadows of Valentia and will look into it next.

Engage seems kind of dumb, like Fates, yeah, but I'm still enjoying it so far.

Unknown said...

I've seen 4 Steelbooks now and all of them were printed badly. I was certain that Europe just got the short end of the stick but yours is fine. I am cursed.

TourianTourist said...

Sorry to hear!

I wasn't even aware that there have been issues with the printing quality... Guess I was lucky.