Sunday, February 19, 2023

Tears of the Kingdom – Warning, Artbook Leaked!

Disclaimer: this blog won't share any details about the leak!


Ooph, this is bad... Someone shared the entire artbook, which comes with the Collector's Edition of the game. What is Nintendo doing lately? Don't they have their production teams under control? This isn't like the Tears of the Kingdom Edition of the Switch, where it's nice to know about it, this is serious spoiler territory. And the game is still three months away...

I've caught glimpses of the leak and got spoiled about one particular thing, which luckily wasn't a big thing, but it still belongs in the "I wish I had discovered this while playing" category. So, I decided not look to at the whole leak. Some of those who have seen it all also stated dire warnings about spoilers, where it's probably best to listen to them. Others say that it's not so bad and doesn't give away anything about the story, but there is definitely stuff in there that we haven't see yet in terms of environments, equipment, enemies, and such.

In any case, this completely ruins any fun to be had about speculating. There is now a gigantic rift between those who have seen the artbook and those who decided to stay spoiler-free, where there is no real point in discussing things for the latter anymore, because they don't have the full picture and risk potentially hearing more than what they want to know.

Unless there is more official media, I guess I will try to avoid anything about Tears of the Kingdom from now on, until I have the game. This sucks, but it can't be helped. It's out there, damage is done, all you can do now is try to dodge any falling debris.

2 comments:

Lankelink said...

It is very tempting to see the leaks, but I decided to try to avoid them, at least for now. And while I understand your disappointment, I don't think you have to stop creating theories or speculating about the game. The leaks may or may not cover all the speculation, but who cares? It is about having fun while waiting for the game. Maybe you can go on with your posts and block the comments?

Going back to speculation... One thing I was thinking is that maybe there is some bonus for having BotW save data. Just imagine having Hestu's gift if you unlocked it in the previous game, even if there is no use for it. At the very least, it would be nice to have the tunic of the wild from the beginning.

TourianTourist said...

Oh, I'm not too worried about getting spoilers from comments any longer, because the few people who are posting here (including yourself) always have been very considerate. It's more about the fun, actually. I just don't think it's fun to speculate about something where the answer might be already out there.

Well, I still sometimes do this while playing a game (e.g. Age of Calamity), but that's a bit different, because I'm simply recording my thoughts at that moment and the posts aren't just about the speculation.

I guess there will still be some broader topics that I will talk about and I might be overreacting a bit here, but this really shook me up yesterday...


About the BotW to TotK save file connections:

I'm wondering the same thing, actually, but it would suck for everyone who has completed the game on Wii U, including myself. I want to play through BotW again on the Switch, before TotK comes out, but I'm not sure I will find enough time.