Thursday, February 2, 2023

Zelda LEGO Leaked?


Source

Now, I couldn't tell you how often I reported about Zelda-based LEGO IDEAS during my time writing for ZeldaEurope, where there has been a lot of interest in this. Of course they never would go anywhere, because they were made by fans and something like this would require an official license.

But then the official Super Mario LEGO happened during the 35th Anniversary of the franchise and this has opened the doors for other Nintendo collaborations in the future, like for The Legend of Zelda. And this leak looks like the real deal, where to my understanding this possibly comes from some user testing.

This is a two-in-one set of the Great Deku Tree, where you can build either the variant from Ocarina of Time or Breath of the Wild. This is ingenious, but with 1920 pieces it will be also more pricey and probably aiming at serious collectors. But it makes sense to have something sophisticated for Zelda, after the Super Mario stuff felt more like it came out of the LEGO DUPLO line for small children.

Well, I loved LEGO in any form as a child and got nice collection back then, but it became uninteresting the day I got my GameBoy. And now all of this sitting in boxes at my mother's basement... But I would most likely get this set if it came to the market, and revive my early childhood passion, even it's just for a day or two.

No comments: