Thursday, February 9, 2023

Nintendo Direct February 2023 Roundup

the Blood Moon rises once again!

A good summary of the Nintendo Direct would be "get hyped for a lot of old stuff coming back". Whether it's GameBoy (Advance) games, Metroid Prime, Camilla, Birdo, or some classic Zelda enemies in Tears of the Kingdom, there was some nostalgia for everyone here!

Still, it was a very good Direct overall, I'm personally just a bit underwhelmed by the important last part. I was hoping to see some gameplay of Tears of the Kingdom, but instead it's just another trailer with a lot of snippets that the internet can and will dissect. To be fair, there is a lot to dissect here. And maybe I'm getting my wish that Nintendo won't show too much of the game in advance, which is also fine with me.

The biggest surprises for me were probably Metroid Prime Remastered and the GameBoy additions to Nintendo Switch Online. It's not so much the fact that these are a thing, where this has been expected and rumored for quite some time, it's just that I didn't see this happening right now. It's even all available on the eShop already... I will be waiting for the physical release of Metroid Prime Remastered, however, which comes out on March 3rd.

What I'm getting right after this Direct is the Expansion Pass for Fire Emblem Engage, though. It's probably the most surprising thing here how excited I am for this... But I've been playing the game for a couple of hours and I do enjoy the Emblem Ring feature quite a lot, where it's nice to see some old faces in new glory. It definitely feels different from Fire Emblem Heroes, it's much more special, where I was also surprised that they've turned Veronica into an Emblem as well.

Anyway, it's getting very late here and I will dive into all the interesting topics over the course of the weekend. There will be a lot to talk about, so stay tuned!

No comments: