Thursday, October 1, 2026

Donkey Kong Bananza: Emerald Rush Event Rotation

statues of the Kong transformation on DK Island

Well, I have been quite outspoken about the limited-time events for the Donkey Kong Bananza: DK Island & Emerald Rush DLC expansion, since they were first announced a year ago. They even made me hesitate whether I wanted to buy this (excellent) game and its DLC in the first place. I still did and haven't regretted it, but I was only able to participate in the final event, the "Bananza Antics".

These twelve events are an important part of the DLC, not only because you can obtain 24 exclusive statues, but also because they are removing the rogue-like nature of the game mode, so that all the skills and perks have fixed locations. This lets you go for certain strategies after learning all the important spots and mapping a path, which can make this a lot of fun.

So, today came the good news that these events get put on a monthly rotation, starting today. Even better, they now will run for the whole month, instead of a single week, so from now on there is always one event for you to play at any given time. This also gives you a lot more time to clear each one individually, so you can do them at your own pace.

No comments: