Monday, January 20, 2020

Got the Dark Samus amiibo

photo of the Dark Samus amiibo

Behold, the newest piece of my video game collection, the Dark Samus from the Super Smash Bros. line.

This wasn't an easy one to get and I'm a little annoyed by how things played out. For some reason, whenever I'm interested in a new amiibo of the Super Smash Bros. series, Nintendo makes the respective wave ridiculously scarce at launch. The last two waves got plenty supplies, there were Isabelles and Simons all over the stores and there still are. With Dark Samus and Richter, however, I could not find a single one in my city and I went to multiple electronic stores and GameStops on Friday, Saturday and today with absolutely no luck...

So, ultimately I had to order one online (after Amazon screwed up my pre-order), which is always a bad thing, because you can't really look at them in advance and they might arrive damaged, plus I had to pay a little extra. Not much, but still. I'm happy with the result, but not happy with the way there. Nintendo should stop making certain amiibo a rarity for no reason.

Anyway, the Dark Samus amiibo itself is really nice - it has this glossy paint to it, which looks quite amazing. It's certainly one of the prettier amiibo out there and nice to have. And thanks to Smash there is now quite the respectable amiibo collection for Metroid...

photo of the Dark Samus and Ridley amiibo with the Metroid between the two

photo of the Dark Samus and Samus Smash amiibo

Let's hope that the collection will be extended by Sylux in the next years, whether it's through Smash or amiibo for Metroid Prime 4.

No comments: