Saturday, November 14, 2020

Hyrule Blog: New Game Buttons

different buttons for the Zelda games looking really pretty
Finally, I took some time to beautify this blog a little bit, where I've updated the buttons for the various Zelda games that you can see on the right side, if you're viewing this page on a larger screen. The buttons provide a shortcut to a search for all posts concerning the respective title or set of games.

The new versions have improved in quality quite a lot, where their resolution has doubled, they now use the pretty Triforce font and there are nice pop-out effects on most of them. I'm very happy with the result and I hope you like them as well.

I've also combined the Oracle games back into one button and added a new button for Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, which will certainly see some use in the near future. Some other buttons are gone for now, where there used to be buttons for Link's Crossbow Training, the Tingle games and Unreal, which all were – frankly put – not that important any longer and probably never were. Metroid will be back, I promise, but right now it would have created an orphan line at the end.

The order also isn't strictly chronological, as you might have noticed, because I've swapped The Minish Cap and The Wind Waker. I did this because I wanted the Capcom Zelda games to be all on one line, as well as all the GameCube Zelda games. It also puts The Wind Waker right above Phantom Hourglass, which feels good.

Anyway, enjoy!

No comments: