Friday, August 6, 2021

Skyward Sword HD x Tetris 99

Tetris 99 Skyward Sword HD theme 

Well, this isn't exactly the Skyward Sword Picross that I was hoping for, but at least this is how you get me to play Tetris 99 a bit more. I actually own the retail version of the game with box and cartridge, because it came with one year Nintendo Switch Online, which seemed like a good deal, but I haven't played it as much yet.

In fact, I haven't really played it until today, with the goal to unlock the new Skyward Sword HD theme, which is really nice. The game is really busy with all sorts of things going on, where I don't like it as much as the traditional Tetris, but the Zelda sound effects of the skin are charming.

Congratulations! You unlocked a special theme!

It also didn't take me all that long to unlock, maybe half an hour. You need 100 points and you get plenty of points just for playing, even if you don't make it into the top 10. If you've missed any of the special themes, you can still unlock them by collecting tickets, which can be obtained by doing daily challenges. Typical free-to-play stuff, but it's fine in this case. And you can unlock the current Skyward Sword HD theme via the current special event until Tuesday morning.

No comments: