Thursday, September 14, 2023

Nintendo Direct September 2023 Roundup

Swordfighter Peach

The Super Mario Direct just came to end. You could already make the same joke the last time, where the year 2023 has a gigantic focus on the Mario franchise, following the success of the Super Mario Bros. Movie. (Which was very entertaining, I loved it!)

My favorite part was the Princess Peach Showtime! game, which surprised me quite a lot. While the different costumes are similar to Kirby's copy abilities, it has a lot more style and I love what they are doing with the character here. So, I'm willing to give this a try. Otherwise there was the quite surprising wave 6 announcement for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, but I will talk about this separately.

The rumored F-Zero title turned out to be F-Zero 99, which must feel like a huge slap in the faces of the fans right now. But it could also be a first step into bringing the franchise back. Since it's "free", I might check it out, but I personally thought that this is a dumb idea. But dumb can be fun.

Oh, and the Splatoon 3 DLC is really stylish. I never really got into the franchise, because it always looked like something that appeals more to the generation Fortnite, but if it had been more like Side Order from the beginning, I probably would be a big fan today. This looks fresh.

No news about Zelda at all (except for the release date of the upcoming amiibo), which was expected, and no news about Metroid either, which is a shame, but not all too shocking. Maybe next time.

Well, I will go back to playing Tears of the Kingdom now... It's almost like nothing has changed in the last three months.

No comments: