Friday, April 3, 2009

The Moon is hitting Europe first

What a nice surprise. Normally here in Europe we're at the end of the chain, especially when it comes to Zelda, but today Europe got their Virtual Console copy of The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask before the rest of the world (excluding the second PAL region Australia). Good thing I've had some spare Wiipoints, so this was an instant download for me. Right now I've completed the first three day cycle. So far the game runs smooth without any lags, frame drops or sound problems. As good as the N64 version but in sharper graphics and larger resolution. Majora's Mask costs 1000 Wiipoints, uses 256 blocks and is pretty much the best deal you can get on the Virtual Console, unless there will be any freezing problems. I will continue testing the game and report, if I experience any issues.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Hi there; I've just stumbled upon your blog for the first time, and I've enjoyed reading through your previous Zelda posts (even the April Fools one, which was quite informative on the BS Zeldas, if sad due to the remote likelihood of any real re-release).

I'm glad to hear to MM seems to run very smoothly on the VC. This is easily my favorite Zelda game of all time, and I've been wanting to replay it but have been holding out for a VC release since my GC version has various issues with framerate, etc. I hope it continues to run without glitches, and I'll look forward to downloading it as soon as it his the US.

Just the first 15 minutes of gameplay in MM have such a bizarrely different tone from any other Zelda; I long to see that hideous moon face looming over Clock Town again :)

TourianTourist said...

Hi Jason,

thanks for your comment. Yes, Majora's Mask is definitely in my group of top favorite Zelda games next to Link's Awakening and Ocarina of Time. The unique atmosphere and the free world are truly amazing. I love this game.

I've played the VC version for about 4 hours now and I didn't notice any problems. However, there's one guy over at Zelda Universe forums, who says his Australian version is even worse than the CE one... So my advice at this moment would be to wait a couple of days after the release until there are some reports about the US version.