Monday, April 16, 2018

Breath of the Wild: My Armor Collections

As an appendix to my Master Mode Log for Breath of the Wild, I wanted to present my entire armor collection, once it was finished. I've farmed some more Star Fragments this evening and finally enhanced all the pieces to the max, thus "completing" my armor collection. So, here are all five pages from my Master Mode file:






Since this was a playthrough of the DLC mode, it only made sense to keep all DLC pieces this time. I also want all enhanceable armor pieces in my collection, just in case that Nintendo has a change of heart and still patches the current armor limit. Then I would only need to purchase missing pieces, which can't be enhanced, to finally complete my collection(s) for real.

In this case I sold the three armor pieces from the Great Plateau: the Old Shirt, the Well-Worn Trousers and the Warm Doublet. I also didn't get the four masks from Kilton's Bone and Fang: the Bokoblin Mask, the Moblin Mask, the Lizalfos Mask and the Lynel Mask. I do like them for the unique animations and sounds, but Majora's Mask made them fully obsolete, so there was no real reason to get them this time.

In my Normal Mode file I did keep these items, as well as dyed duplicates of the Hylian Hood and Hylian Tunic, while I sold three of the DLC armor sets, when I needed to make space for the final DLC: the Tingle, Phantom and Salvage Gear sets.

So, this is how my previous collection looked like:






I prefer the Master Mode variant, because it seems a little bit more practical, how important armor sets are placed and aligned. With sets that I use often, like the Climber's Gear or the Fierce Deity set, I prefer it, when the items are all right next to each other, so equipping the full set is as quick as possible. But overall this turned out rather well in both variants.

It's just that in the Normal Mode variant doesn't have any interesting items at all on its fourth page. There are only some of the Kilton shop items on top and the rest are amiibo tunics, where the Tunic of the Wild set on page 5 makes them fully obsolete.

Overall I didn't experiment much with dyeing, as you can see. There are two sets, where I insist on the red or crimson color, which are the Gerudo Vai set and the Tunic of the Wild set, simply because I think they look better that way. The red Tunic of the Wild reminds me of the classic Red Tunic from A Link to the Past. Here and there I also did some "color corrections" on individual pieces, but nothing special.

No comments: