Friday, May 25, 2018

Starting Silence Mode


From today on this blog will run in "private mode", where the outside world won't have any access... at least for now. This is a reaction to the current GDPR mess and might take a while to be solved.

Today Google updated the Blogspot cookie banners, which is the first real sign that they are still interested in keeping things. If Google puts more efforts into this and the GDPR jurisdictions turn out to be okay for small websites like this one, this blog might have a chance of coming back. So, I will keep this going in silence for now.

It feels really weird, to be honest. While this was always a personal blog about my favorite video game franchise(s), which I mainly use to process my thoughts about Zelda and the like, I've always written it with an audience in mind. With no audience there, it takes the wind out of the sails. It still will help to process my thoughts, however, and I do like to read my contents from the past. But the hope that this might be read by someone other than myself in the future is still there.

No comments: