Monday, January 21, 2019

20th Anniversary of Super Smash Bros.


After Ocarina of Time, it's now the turn of Super Smash Bros. on the Nintendo 64 to celebrate 20 years of existence - and with it the entire series. While it's not as old as Zelda or Metroid, it's certainly an important milestone for both of these series and many others. By now the Super Smash Bros. franchise has grown into the biggest video game crossover of all time.

I've recently revisited the original N64 game and shared my experiences about it. I first came in contact with the series via the odd commercial back in the day, where I still remember how we talked at school about how cool the concept was. Sadly, I never got to play it on the N64 at the time. It wasn't before Super Smash Bros. Brawl in 2008, right when I started this blog, that I laid my hands on the series and became a fan, at least somewhat.

This week I will celebrate by playing the newest installment - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Luckily, I can borrow a Nintendo Switch for the entirety of the week, so I can get some good practice.

No comments: