Thursday, April 30, 2020

No Nintendo Direct in June?

Nintendo Direct logo

According to VentureBeat there won't be a traditional Nintendo Direct around the E3 time frame in June this year, because the "work from home" covid-19 initiative has set many things back.

Well, we will survive, if this turns out to be true, but this is still a shame, because right now there is a serious news drought. We should still be getting that ARMS fighter for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate in June, but otherwise there isn't much to talk about... Which is normal for this time of the year, but normally things also get exciting in June again and then stay exciting for the rest of the year, until the next big release hits us.

I wouldn't be surprised, if Nintendo skips E3 this year completely and instead puts all their energy and big reveals into the usual early September Direct. But I wouldn't mind to be wrong here.

For May I have planned a special on this blog about one of my favorite video game genres outside of Nintendo's scope, Arena Shooters, but I understand that this will be only be interesting to few of my readers. But it will be still better than nothing and I want to get my thoughts about this topic off my chest.

No comments: