Thursday, October 28, 2021

Metroid Dread: Demo Released

Metroid Dread Halloween artwork

When I said earlier this week that Nintendo did everything possible to promote Metroid Dread this wasn't entirely correct... until now. There is now a demo of the game available as an early Halloween treat (see Twitter), which lets everyone try the game for free.

The demo ends after defeating the white E.M.M.I. and leaving its zone. You can sequence break, however, and get to Corpius before that, but the demo will crash after obtaining the Phantom Cloak... Maybe it should have officially lasted this long to get one of the awesome bosses in there for everyone who isn't familiar with using fake wave projectiles.

But it's overall a good point to end the demo, because I still remember how awesome it felt to have your first E.M.M.I. defeated. It's very rewarding and makes you keep going... except that you can't in case of the demo. With that I'm not even mad that the demo wasn't released before the official release of the game. The hardcore Metroid fans will buy the game anyway and for the undecided there is usually no rush.

1 comment:

Lucas deep said...

It feels surreal to see another 2D Metroid , 2D Metroidvanias have been almost indie-exclusive for so long that I still feel as if this game was a fun game and not an actual new game from Nintendo, I'm eager to see more!