Monday, November 13, 2017

Breath of the Wild EX Log, Entry 5



Picking up from where we left last time, I kept exploring the Hebra Mountain region for a little bit and found five more Koroks for a repdigit: 777 in total. That's not the most spectacular progress, but going through Hebra can take its time. I'm barely halfway done with the place...

It's actually quite the beautiful area, if the clerk of the weather is on our side, which is very rarely the case. 95% of the time it's dark and moody in this area and you can't see far. But if it's finally clear weather, going for the snowboarding ride can be very enjoyable. Who needs games like Steep, if Zelda comes included with that? Also, at least you can climb all the time here despite the weather conditions. Nothing annoys more in this game than the constant rain...

With the Koroks I'm experiencing this phenomenon of spotting a hidden Korok long before the Korok Masks senses them. It's easy with stone circles that you might even spot on the map, but also tall trees or other special spots. Checking the map helps quite a lot with estimating, where a Korok could hide. The Mask still helps, for example there was a Korok under a rock in a narrow corner that I probably would have missed without it, but I certainly wish that the radius of the mask would be larger and might even have "levels" to it. The closer you get, the more it shakes. Something more similar to the Sheikah Sensor.

Well, at least it stops me from examining places in detail, where nothing is to be found...


There's one other thing that I wanted to talk about and that's the drops of the new Champion amiibo. You can find a complete list of all amiibo drops here and I'm a little disappointed with what the new ones have to offer aside from the Divine Helms. For starters, the actual Champion weapons, which the amiibo figurines hold, can't be gotten from them. I understand that they have these weird one-at-a-time ingame restrictions, but the weapons aren't really that good later in the game and certainly not worth the diamonds. Getting them from the amiibo therefore would have been nice and would have added to the completion of receiving the all tribes' weapons with the corresponding amiibo.

But even with the Champion weapons it wouldn't have been complete. In particular I'm missing the Kite Shield, which I would classify as a Rito item. However, as far as I know, you can only get three of them in the entire game. I still have the one left at Selmie's Spot, but as soon as that is gone, it's extinguished like half of the Lynel weapons...


Revali's amiibo could have been a solution for this little problem, but Nintendo didn't care for that either. Devil's in the details.


Current Progress:
  • Koroks: 777/900
  • Map Rate: 89.92%


PS: I renamed this subseries of my Adventure Log to "EX Log". The "Master Log" will start together with my first Master Mode run, which probably won't happen before the 2nd DLC gets released.

No comments: