Sunday, July 8, 2018

Lady Maud Design Concept Art

While skipping through Hyrule Encyclopedia, I noticed something interesting. They put some concept art for the character Lady Maud from Tri Force Heroes on page 307, which I hadn't seen before:


Wow! Look at that sexy witch! I wish that they would have gone with that design, instead of the old fashion hag. It would have been so much better for the character.

If I had to rank all Zelda villains, Lady Maud would be rock bottom. With a giant margin between her and whoever might be second-to-last. She is an absolute joke character and you can't take her seriously at all, where she made a silly story even sillier, instead of posing as an actual threat.

Now, if they had used a femme fatale like the young witch in the above concept art, it would have been so much interesting. She could have been an actual rival to Princess Styla, where she wants to be the most beautiful girl in all the lands, similar to the Queen in Snow White, just that the above witch would have actual potential with her youth and beauty.

Plus, the Zelda series could have used a villain like that. We have Cia in Hyrule Warriors, but that's not canon, while I would have been looking forward to playing as Maud in the next installment, if she were anything like in the above concept art... Who would like to play as the actual Lady Maud, which made it into the final game? I bet no one!

Well, too bad...

1 comment:

Gears107 said...

I do like the concept art. The game having a younger, “femme fatale” Lady Maud would have set up a nice contrast to Princess Styla’s “cute” design, especially as a rival to her. I am intrigued to seeing how that would’ve worked out. Since Princess Styla is stated to possess a “great power”, it would be interesting of seeing it contrast with Maud’s dressmaking magic. (Was it stated what Styla’s power is?)

While I haven't got the chance to play the full game yet to have my whole opinion on Lady Maud (I only played the demo and briefly read about her), I'm not against the final design of her that we have.