Saturday, March 30, 2019

Got a Guardian Nendoroid


Last weekend I've picked this up on a local Manga Con. It already had my attention a year ago, when they've presented this as one of the upcoming Nendoroid figurines, but now I've finally got one.

Overall I'm not the biggest fan of the Nendoroids, because they feel a lot more like toys with their moveable and interchangeable parts than amiibo do. Well, you can really play with them and they are quite cute, but with that they seem like they would be more interesting for children.

This isn't even my first Nendoroid, because two years ago I got the Majora's Mask 3D Link (No. 553) with the different masks as a Birthday present from a colleague, who made a trip to Japan that year. I was really happy about the present, but to be honest I haven't even opened the box yet. It's just there in my collection.

The Guardian Nendoroid, however, is different. It's such an adorable little killing machine that I really wanted to have one and yes, even play with it.

"Pew, pew!"
"Stop it, little Guardian, that tickles..."
"Grrrrr."

You can pull out any of the joints of his legs to make him look damaged. You can also replace the eye with one that has a laser beam coming out of it. And there is an Ancient Bow for Link, as well as funny Game Over screen.


But most importantly, it looks cute and makes for a nice figurine to have and look at, unlike most of the Nendoroids in my humble opinion.

So, I probably wouldn't start collecting any more of them. They are quite expensive anyway - the Guardian cost me 70€.

No comments: