Thursday, October 29, 2020

Age of Calamity: Full Roster Leaked?

Corrupted Guardian taking aim

Well, it turns out that releasing a demo for a game early can give people information they are not supposed to have yet, in the form of data remains that can be mined. Like let's say the icons of what might be all playable characters in the base game... Who would have thought? It's not like anything like this ever has happened in the past and certainly not with demos from Nintendo...
 
But I don't fault them. Usually demos like this are never freely available to the public, at least not before the launch of the game, and this is why. But it's a good thing that we can already give the game a first try and potential leaks were the prize to pay.

Anyway, I was quickly confronted with this on GameFAQs, where some idiots are treating this as topic title information, but luckily I do not know the full roster as of writing this. I only know how many characters there are and which prominent characters didn't make the cut.

But this puts me in a bad spot here. After playing the demo I was eager to speculate more, but there is no point in speculating about something that people might already know. I'm still going by what Nintendo is presenting us officially, because I don't want this blog to turn into a spoiler fest.

So, if you don't want to be spoiled and want to be surprised, you're safe here. Please also don't put any spoilers in the comments or I'll have to disable comments for now.

Also, keep in mind that just because certain characters have icons in some form, it doesn't necessarily mean that they will be playable. They could only be interactions on the battlefield. So, take this leak with a grain of salt.

No comments: