Monday, October 5, 2020

Nintendo Switch Minecraft Edition?

Remember the "Creeper Edition" of the Nintendo 2DS XL that came out in 2018? Yeah, that one:

New Nintendo 2DS XL looking like a Creeper with Minecraft written on the back

Well, here's an idea... You put Steve in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and then you sell a Minecraft Nintendo Switch bundle for the Christmas season! How about that? I call that easy money.

They could make the dock look like a bunch of Minecraft blocks, which would be awesome. And attach Joy-cons that look like Creepers or other Mobs from the game. Certainly beats making a Fortnite Edition... And you know what? I'd buy it!

Let's face it, they are not going to make that "Sheikah Slate Edition" for the release of Age of Calamity that I so desperately want. They probably think that every Zelda fan on Earth has already purchased a Nintendo Switch because of Breath of the Wild. Not that this has stopped them from making unnecessary Zelda Editions for the Nintendo 3DS, but there is obviously a certain reluctance here...

And I'm not happy with the thought of purchasing a normal Nintendo Switch now, only to sell it again later when finally a Special Edition arrives that I want to have... It's a possibility, but not one I'd like to take. So, instead I would be willing to buy another collectible edition, as long as it's to my liking. I probably would have purchased the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Edition two years ago, if that didn't look like the cheapest effort of all time.

Plus, back then I was still hopeful about a Zelda Edition coming soon, but Nintendo felt like it wasn't worth it for Link's Awakening and even if they did, I probably would be looking at a Nintendo Switch Lite, because that was coming out at the same day...

In any case I'll need a Nintendo Switch soon and I'm not happy with the current situation. Give me something, Nintendo!

No comments: