Saturday, January 15, 2011

Link's Awakening Forum Set

You may have noticed this already, but next to writing on this blog I also administrate a German One Piece forum, the Pirateboard. My current avatar and signature set there pays tribute to one of the Zelda classics and one of my favorite Zelda games: Link's Awakening. So, I thought I should present it here as well.



In case you wonder, the logo with the Triforce in the middle - which I use for myself and which I've originally designed for this blog - comes from the popular TV show LOST, probably my favorite show ever (though the finale was disappointing). It's used by the so called DHARMA Initiative, that conducted experiments on the show's mysterious island. There are usually symbols in the center of the logo representing different departments and stations of the Initiative. But with the Triforce in the middle it comedically stands for "DHARMA Initiative Video Game". However, it could also symbolize Link's Awakening in some way. The story of the first GameBoy Zelda game and the story of LOST actually share some similarities, in both the show and the game you're stranded on a mysterious island, where you explore underground "stations" to uncover some of its secrets, for example.

Well, the placement of the sprites on the signature is quite random actually. I may change that later. But you get the overall picture of how the set looks like. The orange sandstone texture for the background is also used in some of our forum's graphics and three of its styles, that way the avatar and signature sets perfectly fits into the board.

No comments: