Monday, June 26, 2017

Nintendo Classic Mini: SNES Announced


Nintendo announced the Mini Classic version of the Super Nintendo Entertainment System with the following list of games:



As I thought last year, when the NES Mini was announced, the main problem with a potential SNES Mini would be missing games. In my case I only was worried Terranigma, because this game never appeared on any Virtual Console, but I'm also missing one of my other favorites: Harvest Moon. Those two were my absolute favorite SNES games next to A Link to the Past and Super Metroid.

And there are plenty more renowned titles missing from that list: Donkey Kong Country 2 & 3, Secret of Evermore, Seiken Densetsu 3, Lufia II, Chrono Trigger, Illusion of Gaia - to name a few. The SNES is known for its great RPG library, but Nintendo didn't make good use of that.

Starfox 2 is certainly an interesting surprise, however, where I would like to see more of that in the future. I'm sure Nintendo has some more interesting unreleased goodies up their sleeves.

Anyway, it's not for me, I'm happy with the Wii U Virtual Console, where I at least can play Harvest Moon. And I won't have to worry about getting one of these things, which might be difficult, because Nintendo doesn't like to match the demands these days.

No comments: