Thursday, September 10, 2020

Nintendo Officially Hates Me

As a Zelda fan there is only thing that I really want right now. Something that I've wanted for at least two years now: a Special Edition Nintendo Switch (bundle). They've kept doing it with the Nintendo 3DS on every single instance and this taught me that I should patiently wait for the inevitable Zelda Edition. Because if I buy a normal Nintendo Switch now, I will definitely regret this later on. (Especially if all the rumors about an improved Switch coming next year are true.)

Now, I've been very patient and despite Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and the excellent Link's Awakening remake, I've resisted the urge to buy a Nintendo Switch. Thankfully, I was able to borrow one from someone to occasionally play these titles or otherwise it would have been really hard to wait. But this won't be an option for the upcoming Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, because with such a big game I'll need a savegame of my own from the start.

So, I've been hoping that maybe, just maybe they'll do a bundle for this game. A nice Sheikah Slate design would be perfect and should have been a thing with Breath of the Wild from the start, where they could now make up for it...

And today I got Nintendo of Europe's reply in the form of a press release e-mail with the following "beauty":

Nintendo Switch Fortnite Special Edition bundle

Well, great... Just what I wanted... Not.

Of course this doesn't exclude a potential Age of Calamity bundle. But the timing feels like a slap in the face.

No comments: