Thursday, September 18, 2014

Hyrule Warriors DLC Announced, Cia, Volga, Wizzro for free


There she is... <3 And for free. How nice! Hopefully she has a second costume without her mask. But maybe that's part of the first pack. And I suspect that their Lv2 and Lv3 weapon upgrades will be part of the first DLC pack, because you probably need the new scenario and/or Adventure Map to unlock them. This is what the packs contain (source):

Hyrule Warriors Master Quest
  • October 16th
  • 1 new Weapon
  • New Scenario
  • New Adventure Map
  • 2 Costumes

Twilight Princess
  • November
  • 1 new character
  • 1 new weapon
  • New Adventure Map
  • 2 Costumes

Majora's Mask
  • January
  • 2 new characters
  • New Adventure Map
  • 3 new costumes

Ganon Pack
  • February - 500 Yen
  • 2 New Game Modes

They're also using the same DLC system as in Mario Kart 8. You can preorder all four packs for a discount and receive a Dark Link costume as a gift.

This is actually not unsimilar to my previous expansion ideas, you basically get one pack per game.

I'm happy that Majora's Mask will finally join the roster, but I'm worried about what we will get here. With two characters I'm hoping for Fierce Deity Link and Skull Kid. Those are the two most important characters from the game. But it says that it will have three costumes and I'm somewhat worried that Fierce Deity Link will just become a costume for Link like in Smash Bros., which would be boring. But you would want that Double Helix sword and the pack doesn't say anything about new weapons (only new characters that come with new weapons). However, another point of concern are stages. With these two characters I really would like a Clocktown stage, but the packs don't say anything about new stages at all, which is a shame.

About the Twilight Princess pack: I suspect Real Midna here. Yeto would be my second choice, but Real Midna is probably the most important thing and she wouldn't require any stages or alike. She would be something that you could add to the game as a bonus. As for the costumes, I could imagine to get the Zora and Hero Armor from Twilight Princess for Link, even though he already has the most costumes in the game.

It's a shame that they didn't announce any packs for Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time, because this means that we won't see Nabooru or Groose in the near future. But maybe they'll announce more packs next Spring. Also, where is Linkle????

I guess, troops and new bosses probably won't happen until Hyrule Warriors 2, so I probably shouldn't put all to much thought into them right now. But overall I'm excited. I really missed the anticipation from all the trailers and it's exciting to get new additions in the future. And the timing right before the European release was absolutely perfect. This should rekindle the hype for the game.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I went for the full Hero's pack. Also, I'm loving playing as Cia! I'm so glad they released those three :D