Friday, March 24, 2023

Got the My Nintendo Game Boy Posters

digital art for three posters: Super Mario Land 2, Link's Awakening and Metroid II

The European My Nintendo Store is currently offering a set of three posters with motives from them Game Boy era. You get the covers of Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins and Metroid II - Return of Samus, as well as a well known artwork from Link's Awakening. You can get all three of them for 600 Platinum Points, so it's basically for free.

I've ordered them and the quality is really good. They have a nice size of 70cm x 50cm and are printed on coated artpaper. They get rolled up for shipping, but in a wide circle, so they won't roll too much on their own again after unpacking and it's easy to get them straight. Unlike those folded things that they put into Limited Editions and so on, this is something that you really want to put on your wall. And so I did:


That's my childhood right there! Don't worry, the irony that I have purchased picture frames for some free posters doesn't escape me, but it was worth it to me. It looks really awesome and I'm in love with this collection. This is easily my second favorite My Nintendo reward so far, right after the Card Case 8. (Nothing will ever beat the Card Case 8, it's just too convenient.)

No comments: