Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Zelda II joins Ambassador Program


It looks like Zelda II will be one of the 10 NES titles, that ambassadors get to download for free at the 3DS eShop. It's good to see, that The Legend of Zelda never gets re-released without its younger brother at its side, it would have been the first time. Both were available on the Collector's Edition, both were part of the NES Classics series for the GameBoy Advance and both were released on the Wii's Virtual Console.

It's still interesting, because neither Super Mario Bros. 2 nor 3 will be available, so you might think that the 25th Anniversary of Zelda has a finger in this pie. On the other hand Super Mario Bros. 2 and 3 also weren't part of the NES Classics series, while Zelda II was... but I wouldn't be surprised, if The Minish Cap will be part of the 10 GBA games, that the ambassadors are getting.

And I still think that re-releasing NES games on the 3DS is a stretch. I mean, how many copies of The Legend of Zelda and Zelda II do I have to buy? I already bought those games three times and in case of The Legend of Zelda I also own the NES original... I think I deserve to get to download both games for free by now. I know, I'm an idiot to keep buying the same games over and over again, noone forces me to do that. But in the end it's still Zelda and I will always get all available Zelda games for all my systems, even if it's just for the sake of having a complete collection. But I've downloaded both games already for the Wii Virtual Console and I've got a Nintendo account, where all my purchases are registered. There Nintendo can clearly see that I already own both the VC and GBA versions of both games and there's no reason, why I should pay for the 3DS VC versions again. And I still think it would look better, if the 3DS VC had focused on GameBoy games and not on games that were already re-released many times... but it's not that big of a deal.

Ah yeah, Metroid will be also part of the 10 NES games.

Source: Zelda Dungeon

No comments: