This item has arrived on Friday and now adds to the plentiful collection of different things to have all around The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. It's the game's soundtrack, or at least a part of it, on vinyl, making this more of a high quality collectible.
If my girlfriend didn't have a small record player, I probably wouldn't have bothered with this, but I'm glad that I got this. It looks as pretty as it sounds. They made great use of the different official artworks for the slipcases and the sleeves. The discs are also wrapped in additional paper sleeves, which make use of various character artworks, like Mipha or the Bokoblin.
There are eight records in total (though, a cheaper 2LP variant also exists), covering the highlights, including the beloved Nintendo Switch Presentation Trailer music. See the Nintendo Store page for the full track list.
And while I'm not a big vinyl lover myself, I can hear the difference in sound quality, and there is a certain prestige about listening to music like this. It's much more active. You don't just turn on some fan-uploaded playlist on Youtube or the Nintendo Music app, while you go and do something else. You place these records into the player to really listen, while maybe enjoying a glass of wine. And Breath of the Wild certainly offers some tasteful ambience with its music.
Let's see if Nintendo will follow up on this. Actually, now that I'm thinking about this, a 40th Anniversary vinyl collection could be one of the things announced on Tuesday, featuring tracks from all over the Zelda series.






No comments:
Post a Comment