Tuesday, September 8, 2026

40th Anniversary Edition Nintendo Switch 2 and Pro Controller Announced

Switch with green Joy-cons and a Triforce-pattern dockPro Controller with a display stand40th Anniversary carrying case

Finally, I can talk about this without worrying about spoilers... This was one of the biggest reveals in the 40th Anniversary Direct today, with all certainty the priciest, but it already got leaked last month, which stole the surprise. Well, at least the carrying case is news, where it's nice that we will get a matching one.

So, overall this is the exact same set that we have gotten for Tears of the Kingdom three years ago, but for a Nintendo Switch 2 and with a very different style. But I like it a lot and will definitely get it all, where I already have someone willing to adopt my current Nintendo Switch 2.

However, I don't think you can do a system transfer between two Nintendo Switch 2 systems yet, but hopefully this will be implemented before the launch on this system on October 29th. It's nice that they are releasing this ahead of the game (also like they had done with Tears of the Kingdom), so you can take all the time you need to prepare everything. Of course, this has the downside that the game isn't included, but I prefer to get the physical edition anyway.

What I'm also going to do is preorder this in the Nintendo Store, because the Pro Controller will come with a neat display stand as an exclusive extra. But I was going to do this anyway. In the last years I made very good experiences with preordering everything in the official Nintendo Shop, especially when it comes to limited offers. Thanks to how they handle things, I never missed an item I wanted. And if something is amiss, they actually have spares, unlike Amazon and alike. Well, you won't be getting any discounts in the Nintendo Store, but to me that has been worth it.

 

Source 1, Source 2 

No comments: