Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Nintendo Direct September 2019 Predictions

Nintendo Direct logo

There it is, the rumored Nintendo Direct for this week. I'm not expecting much, but it would be nice to get some more news about the Link's Awakening remake: additional amiibo functionality, a Hero Mode, Chamber Dungeon extras, maybe Chamber Dungeon DLC, something...

I don't expect a Special Edition Nintendo Switch (Lite) bundle to be announced so close to the game's launch, but I would certainly like it. Maybe this will happen later this year, though, for the Christmas business.

I also don't expect a potential Skyward Sword HD to be announced right now, as long as Link's Awakening isn't released and still in the focus, but with Nintendo you never know. However, both Majora's Mask 3D and Twilight Princess HD were announced in the last Nintendo Direct of the year, where I'm expecting something similar for Skyward Sword... if that remaster really will be a thing, of course.

On other ends there is still the DLC for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. From what it currently seems, the fourth DLC fighter will be SNK's Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury and King of Fighters, which doesn't really excite me much. I would have preferred Mai, since there is a severe lack of female newcomers in this iteration of Smash...

No comments: